Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Brouwerij Timmermans introduces Oude Gueuze



I'm happy to say that the world of traditional lambic beers has a
welcome addition.

Dimitri Demol, Key Account Manager for Export for John Martin Group
in Belgium, which owns Brouwerij Timmermans of Itterbeek, told me
today that Timmermans will soon release an Oude Gueuze for sale
to the public in Belgium as well as other countries.

It's possible the Oude Gueuze may make it stateside at the end of
this year, though a decision has not been made yet.

I tasted the Oude Gueuze at the brewery in November and was very
impressed, as were friends who joined me for a lambic beer tasting
on the winter solstice, where I treated them to one of the first
bottles opened on American shores.

Several Timmermans beers, including Kriek, Framboise, Strawberry,
and Bourgogne Des Flandres will be imported to the U.S. by Belukus
Imports of Austin, Texas. The planned release date is sometime
before summer begins.

I hope the Oude Gueuze will be imported to the U.S.

Photo: Dimitri Demol pouring the Oude Gueuze in the tasting room at Timmermans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I too, hope they decide to send some of this nectar our way. - John from Las Vegas

Joe said...

Nice. Hope this will show up at the Bécasse in Brussels next to the sweet stuff.